Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
- Children will be supervised at all times by the group leader/camp manager.
- Users of the camps are responsible for their own safety. Users should contact a member of staff for any assistance if required (during the holiday camps children will be supervised at all times).
- On arrival at the KLB Site please report to the reception area and register your child in the designated area on each occasion.
- Any inappropriate or disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated. In the event of such behaviour participants will be withdrawn from the activity and parent/guardian will be contacted.
- Food and drink is to be consumed in the designated areas.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times, i.e. trainers preferably with non-marking soles.
- Suitable clothing must be worn by participants, i.e. tracksuit, shorts and t-shirt that they are happy to get muddy/dirty.
- Participants will be asked to change if they have inappropriate (e.g. muddy/dirty) clothing or footwear which could cause harm or risk to themselves or others.
- Children are required to have a change of clothes as they may get wet during outdoor activities.
- Holibobs Multi-Activity Ltd reserves the right to refuse admission for anyone outside of the specified age group.
- Children must be age 5 years or older at the beginning of the camp, and not more than 16 years old at the end.
- Holibobs Multi-Activity Ltd reserves the right to amend or introduce any rules to ensure safe and efficient operation of the service.
- Valuables such as mobile phones and games consoles should not be brought on site without express permission from camp manager. Holibobs Multi-Activity Ltd will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal property.
Booking, payments, alterations and cancellation
- To secure your child’s place full payment must accompany the application form.
- On receipt of payment you will be sent an e-mail to confirm your booking request.
- Holibobs Multi-Activity Ltd confirms full acceptance of the terms and conditions on the receipt of the application form and payment.
- If you wish to change dates, 24 hours’ notice is required before the original date booked to transfer the payment.
- If you wish to cancel your booking, you are required to give seven days’ notice before the date booked to gain a full refund.
- With less than seven days’ notice payments are non-refundable except for unforeseen circumstances at the discretion of the manager.
- There will be no refund if your child cannot attend camp due to sickness as costs are incorporated into staffing.
Medical conditions and medication
- You must inform us and give full details of any medical conditions or special requirements that your child may have; this information will be kept confidential.
- Our staff cannot administer medication to your child.
- If your child requires medication on a day they are at Holibobs Holiday Camp you must complete a medical administration form at the start of the day to confirm that they can self-administer. These are available from the leader.
Holibobs Multi-Activity Ltd recognises that the needs of individual children vary, and will endeavour to accommodate children with specific needs and/or medical conditions within the camp environment. It is our policy not to exclude any child due to specific needs and/or medical conditions wherever possible.
It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to inform us of any medical conditions and special educational needs or disabilities, so we can discuss how best to accommodate the child, and consider whether any reasonable adjustments can be made to ensure they are able to fully participate and enjoy the activities on camp within the staffing ratios provided. The needs of each child vary so decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and depend upon the level of support each individual child may require.
We are not able to provide additional staff to support a child above our standard ratios irrespective of any specific needs or medical conditions. Where we feel that a child is not coping within these ratios, we reserve the right to ask the parent/carer to come and collect their child.
Where a child does require one-to-one support, Holibobs Multi-Activity Ltd are happy for parents/carers to attend camp to support their child, providing the Holibobs Multi-Activity Ltd standards are met. Holibobs Multi-Activity Ltd cannot provide one-to-one support.
Photographs may be taken by Holibobs Multi-Activity Ltd staff of the children participating in the activities. These may be used for advertising their achievements and/or future marketing of the programme. Please ensure you complete the relevant consent section on the application form.